Teslong Digital Bore Scope 26 inch
- Stand alone digital photo/ video borescope – great for gunsmiths to use in their workshop
- Inspect bore and throat for irregularities and particularly fouling. Quickly check how good your cleaning is.
- Works in bores 20cal and up
- Equipped with 4.5 inch colour screen – not requiring a phone or PC. Includes Micro SD card
- Comes with 60 Degree side mirror and 90 Degree side mirror plus a spare 90 degree unit. These are adjustable. Diameter is 5mm (0.2 inch)
- Focus adjustable via adjusting the mirror position which screws onto the end of the optic fiber tube. It has wide focus tolerance.
Stuarts Tips: I have owned and extensively used a Hawkeye optical borescope for 25 years. The 17″ version. This has been the industry standard. Not only have I used this for my own firearms but also extensively used in my Training business (Bench Rest Training). I have seen through many thousands of barrels. I have found over time that 90% of the use is mainly for looking in the first 6″ of the bores. That is the area which tells most of the story. Then 10% of time checking at the muzzle area. A borescope can be very helpful, particularly for checking fouling and erosion in the bore. Checking whether your cleaning operations are actually removing all the fouling on not. This Teslong rigid digital borescope is surprisingly very good indeed and extremely good value for money. This now makes the possibility of owning a borescope, which is normally a very expensive item, open to most shooters due to the inexpensive price point. The images are easily viewed via a separate device with a 4.5″ screen compared to placing your eye in an awkward position behind the optical Hawkeye scope. The Teslong unit has a flexible USB lead that is 1.5m long and this version comes with its own screen and does not require a phone or PC. The quality of the images at least equals those from a Hawkeye optical view in my opinion. The Teslong is fairly quick to start up and get images. You can also take pictures and record video and stored on the supplied micro drive.